Power Flush Your Central Heating System Ready for Winter
As the weather starts to get a bit cooler and the days shorter, it’s about time to start thinking about how to keep your home as warm as possible this winter. Apart from making sure you have an A-rated boiler installed, there’s something else you can do to help keep your central heating system running efficiently. Before we share our tip, here’s a list of things to check for in your home: Are your radiators cold at the bottom or in patches? Does your boiler make a lot of noise or cut out sometimes? When you bleed your radiators, is the water discoloured? Does your heating take a while to kick in when you turn it on?
- If one or two of these sound familiar, you may have some plumbing issues that can be addressed separately. However, if you’ve noticed more than a couple of these symptoms in your home, you will probably need to flush out your whole central heating system.
A power flush is the process of cleaning out a central heating system by circulating high volumes of (forced) water and cleaning agents around a heating system to remove debris, rust etc.
You may need a power flush if you have cold spots in your radiators, or your radiators are cold at the bottom and warm at the top.
- Radiators and pipes rust internally, and over time this rust builds up, along with other debris such as lime scale. This slows down the circulation of water through your central heating system, causing it to work harder to heat your home and driving your gas bill up.
- Using a MagnaCleanse filter, we will remove all of the sludge and debris from inside your pipes and radiators, which can reduce your energy bill significantly.
- We will attach a powerful pumping unit to your central heating system to flush it through a MagnaCleanse filter. The magnet inside the filter removes tiny particles of metal that are flowing through your system, while acid-based chemicals break down and remove the sludge. We will also use a corrosion inhibitor to prevent further rusting inside your system. Once the process is finished, there will be no chemicals left in your pipes, just an improved flow of hot water to keep you warm through the freezing British winter!
- Our Power Flush service starts at £170, depending on the size of your house. The process can take up to 5 hours to complete, and it’s well worth the wait for the savings you’ll make.Get in touch today for a free quote, and see how much you could save in gas bills this winter and beyond!